What I'm Reading or Have Read 2010

BookBox: embed book widget, share book list

Monday, February 15, 2010

NING

I should have already mentioned that one way I incorporate technology is using www.ning.com This is a social networking tool. The thing that's great about it is that the creator has total control. I can choose who becomes a member. In my case, I only allow my AP Lit students to join. We use it for weekly discussion threads. This has been great for graded discussion, which is a key part of any AP program. Students who would otherwise stay silent in class, feel more comfortable discussing on the Ning. It's not anonymous, but it isn't as intimidating as face-to-face discussion.

For media specialists, a Ning could be created in order to discuss books. It would be an excellent way to have book talks without having to meet face to face. This may get students involved who wouldn't otherwise participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment